Jewish Memorial Hospital and Rehabilitation Center is seeking volunteers to assist in a variety of support functions including:
Adult Day Care Center:
- Reading books or the daily newspaper with a senior
- Writing letters/cards for seniors
- Assist with knitting & crochet activities
- Play board and card games
- Engage in one-on-one conversation English/bi-lingual
- Spiritual companion
- Arts and crafts, drawing and painting
- Sing along, play musical instrument and other entertainment.
- Occupational Therapy
- Recreational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Radiology Services
- Admissions, Case Management & Patients Accts: volunteers will file, answer telephone, data entry and assist with special projects.
- Additional Opportunities: Assisting patients with therapies; recreational/physical; psych, clinical/speech; cardiac/pulmonary rehabilitation. Transporting patients within the hospital; sitting with patients during dialysis treatment; friendly visitor and update database information.
High school students, college interns and adults are welcome. The staff will provide training and supervision.